LIFE, HEALTH & FOODS
The Lord will guide you continually, watering your life when you are dry and keeping you healthy, too. You will be like a well watered garden like an ever-flowing spring. Isaiah 58:11 (NLT)
“Jesus was not satisfied to attract attention to Himself merely as a wonder-worker or as a healer of physical disease. He was seeking to draw men to Him as their Saviour” MH pg. 6
May 12th, 2014
CAROB SPIRULINA COCONUT BALLS
• ¼ cup raisins or finely chopped dates
• ¼ cup raw cashew, lightly chopped
• ¼ cup raw honey
• 2 tablespoon spirulina powder
• ¼ cup sunflower seeds
• ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
• 2 Brown rice cakes, crumbled
• 4 tablespoons carob powder
• ¼ cup shredded coconut
• ½ cup raw almonds, lightly chopped
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ cup purified or spring water
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil
Place all the nuts in a food processor (or a blender can do also) and chop until course but not too fine. Next add vanilla, salt, crumbled rice cakes, shredded coconut, seeds, spirulinaand carob powder. Last, add in the honey and water. The mixture will should begin to bind together. Scoop out ball sized amount with a spoon and roll in the palm of your hands, coating each ball with shredded coconut. Place in the fridge for an hour and then enjoy!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SPIRULINA
What is it?
Spirulina is a natural “algae” (cyanbacteria) powder that is incredible high in protein and nutrients. When harvested correctly from non-contaminated ponds and bodies of water, it is one of the most potent nutrient sources available. It is largely made up of protein and essential amino acids. The high concentration of protein and iron also makes it ideal during pregnancy, after surgery, or anytime the immune system needs a boost.
Though it does taste like pond scum, Spirulina has some great health-boosting qualities:
• Spirulina is 65% protein and amino acids including the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA) which has gotten a lot of attention for its anti-inflammatory properties, especially when taken with other quality Omega-3 supplements like flax seed.
• Spirulina contains Omega 3,6 and 9s and is especially high in Omega-3s.
• Spirulina is extremely high in Chlorophyll, which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system.
• Spirulina has a very high concentration of bio-available iron and is excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia and will not cause constipation.
• Spirulina is a great source of other nutrients including (according to Wikipedia): “Spirulina contains vitamins B-1(thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-3(nicotinamide), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-9 (folic acid), vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A and vitamin E.
• It is also a source of potassium, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, sodium and zinc.
• Spirulina is also incredibly high in calcium with over 26 times the calcium in milk, making it excellent for children, the elderly and during pregnancy.
• Emerging evidence suggests that it binds with radioactive isotopes and may be useful for radioactivity exposure or radiation therapy.
• The protein in Spirulina is highly usable and has a net protein utilization rate of between 50-61%
• Spirulina can bind with heavy metals in the body and help remove them.
• Spirulina can increase fat burning during exercise.
The information given here is for educational purposes only. It is meant to be used as a guide towards health and does not replace the evaluation by and advice of a qualified licensed health care professional. For detailed interpretation of your health and specific conditions, consult with your physician.